Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back on the Blog

 Any time I know I'm going to attend an RKC event Level I, II, Easy strength, CK-FMS I feel its my duty to be able to pass all tests if called upon.
Also found true in my training,  when Dan John says hes always 3 weeks out.
For me being 3 weeks out has always meant thats how long it takes me to get my 1/2 body weight press back in order.
So I was super pumped on Tuesday when the 40k went up 1R/1L after just 1.5 weeks of 32kg 1,2,3 ladders x just 2 or 3 rungs with 12k pull-ups of various grips.
Basically ROP with BUP on all single reps with the 24kg.  All of a sudden 3 BUP per side is locked in.

The Snatch test however is a different story. Some lose sleep over it, some say its just an entrance exam, for me it's one of the reasons I signed up for the RKC in 2008. I went to the RKC with 5 months of ETK under my belt and had know idea people even used Double KBs, I went to see if I could survive, it looked like the best challenge since retiring from Professional Motocross. I showed up for an ass kicking.
What I learned at the RKC has changed my life as it has for so many others. It has also doubled my income.
Most of my business is Super Joints, ETK, Naked Warrior, Kalos Stenos,  TONS OF Relax into Stretch, and all the rest.
Back to the Snatch test,
As an RKC I believe this is something that needs to be maintained at all times. Now thats just my opinion, of course some have certain training goals that may have to give up test maintenance.

The first time I attended SR RKC Doug Nepodal's KB class, most of which were heading to the 2009 San Diego RKC Cert. After  Mobility and a few get-ups, Doug knowing I was an RKC and at the time heading to Level II in the near future, looks over with a grin and says Snatch test.

Now folks, I had just trained 3 days in a row prior to taking Dougs just class for the hell of it. I was in know mood for snatch test,  but if you Mr or Mrs RKC are in the presence of a Senior RKC an your called out on the snatch test.                                 YOU BETTER HAVE IT!

See you all in San Jose!

No comments: